Friday, August 12, 2011

Lesson Learned!

Today I went to Price Chopper to pick up some formula for Reid, since we have to suplement. I went for ONLY formula, so I didn't have my binder or ANY policies with me. I went to the check out to use my $5 off Enfmail coupon. It beeps, which doesn't make sense because I used it there last week. So the cashier calls a manager over, and instantly I knew I was going to have problems just by her attitude. She takes it to the store manager and comes back and says "We don't accept printable internet coupons or coupons over $5" I was livid, I used it at that EXACT store before with no problems. Knowing I didn't have ANY of my policies with me, I walked out taking my coupon and leaving my purchases. 


I instantly got on the phone with my husband and had him look up their policy for me. Which states "We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons." and "We will not accept "free product" internet printed manufacturer coupons. The value of an internet printed coupon may not exceed $5.00." 


By this time i'm fuming. I get the store number from my husband and call and ask to speak with the store manager. I explain the situation and she remember the coupon. I told her she may want to educate herself and her employees on the store policy. She GLADLY told me she checks the website several times a day and has NEVER seen a coupon policy or knew of one existing. Since I as a consumer found the policy just fine, it makes me wonder about their training.  


Lesson to be learned ALWAYS bring the coupon policy with you REGARDLESS if your just running in the store to purchase one item with one coupon.


Below I have the links to some stores coupon policy. If you would like to see your store policy and its not there, let me know and i'll get it for you.




Please note: I am in NO way bashing Price Chopper, I am simply stating my bad experience and opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment