Sunday, September 11, 2011

What were you doing on 9/11/01?



That seems like the biggest question right now. I can't believe it's been 10 years. It still seems like it was yesterday. I was 15 years old and a freshmen in high school. Everyday I got on a bus and headed to vo-tech. It was like a training center. I was on the bus headed there when the first plane hit. We didn't know anything about it. When we walked into our class the teacher already had the TV on and we just sat there all morning watching it. I'll never forget the emotion I felt when the second plane it. It's a feeling you can't describe. We were only at vo-tech for the first half of the day. By the time we got back to the high school, news was flying around. Teachers didn't teach that day, instead we just watched TV. I remember the days after this horrible act. It was so sad watching all these family members tell stories about their loved ones. I found myself crying on occasion. I was young and had no idea what to think of it all.

10 years later I have a 5 year old son who is in Kindergarten, a 4 year old daughter who will be attending pre-k and a 3 month old son. All three of them will be learning all about this. My husband and I can try explaining to them what went on during those moments, but it will be very hard having them understand the feelings we had on that horrible day.


Some day I hope to make it to New York to see what it has become since then.


0 comments:

Post a Comment